Glossary of Pizza Terms and Definitions
“Pizza” is a word that any language can understand.
Welcome to the most comprehensive pizza glossary and terms definitions on the internet. We carefully added what we think are all words related to pizza and pizza ovens.
You will find the pizza term definitions, related pizza terms, and related pizza articles to that term.
For a comprehensive list of pizza words, check our article on 900+ Pizza Words.
We have from the most serious pizza terms to pizza slang.
Discover the Word of the Day!
Crumb Definition Crumb is the structure of the inside of a baked pizza crust or…
Are We Missing Any Pizza Terms?
You can suggest a term if you think we are missing any pizza words that can be useful for our readers.
Glossary of Pizza Terms and Definitions
Whether you’re a pizza aficionado or just a casual fan, this guide will introduce you to the delicious world of pizza.
From traditional toppings to modern twists, this glossary covers the essential vocabulary you need to know to fully appreciate the art of pizza-making. So take a slice of this knowledge pie and expand your pizza horizons!
This pizza glossary will define common pizza terms and ingredients and some interesting pizza slang.
So let’s dive in and explore the savory world of pizza together!
- Vent Pizza Oven Vent Definition The pizza oven vent It is located in front and above the oven opening and collects the smoke and hot air that is exhausted from the top half of the opening. Read More
- Vent Landing Vent Landing is the small landing directly in front of the oven opening. Read More
- Vera Pizza Napoletana Vera Pizza Napoletana is an organization whose goal is to promote and protect the name and the product Pizza Napoletana; a style of pizza and tradition found in Naples. The term Vera, or Verace, means true, genuine, or real. Read More
- Verace Pizza Napoletana The Verace Pizza Napoletana specification was initially created at a meeting of Naples’ most venerated Pizzaioli, who came together to define the perfect pizza — they even signed a public declaration supporting the specification. Today, there are two aspects to VPN. First, non-profit(...) Read More
- Vital Wheat Gluten Vital Wheat Gluten Definition Vital Wheat Gluten is a dried wheat protein of high-gluten, hard wheat grain that has had all of the starch removed and is then dried. Vital Wheat Gluten is frequently used to supplement other flours to increase the overall protein level of such(...) Read More
- VPN (Vera Pizza Napoletana) VPN (Vera Pizza Napoletana) Definition VPN stands for Vera Pizza Napoletana, a designation awarded by the Verace Pizza Napoletana Association of Italy that guarantees that member pizzerias make their pizzas according to strict Neapolitan standards. Read More
Check Our Recommended Products
“Why is Pizza Called Pie? Here’s Everything You Need to Know
Are you wondering why is pizza called pie? This controversy is one of the most pressing issues among food lovers. …
Why is Pizza Called Pizza? Find all the Knead to Know Facts!
Why is pizza called pizza? Are you wondering why is pizza called pizza? We all know what pizza is. Right? …
The Complete List of Words to Describe Pizza that Will Make You a Food Critic
Words to Describe Pizza Are you in search of words to describe pizza? Creating a pizza description seems like a …
7 Steps on How to Describe Pizza that Will Make Your Readers Drool
Are you looking for guidance on how to describe pizza? We’ve got you covered! Restaurants, pizza blog writers, and friends …
Pizza Lingo: A Sizzling Tour Through 900+ Pizza Words
Have you ever been intrigued by the array of jargon used in the world of pizza? From ‘Neapolitan’ and ‘pan-style’ …
Not a PRO? Not a Problem!
Take a pizza class to bring your pizza skills to the next level,
so you can be a PRO!
How to Proof Pizza Dough: Step-by-Step Instructions for a Light, Airy Pizza Crust
It’s no secret that the true magic of an incredible homemade pizza lies not only in its toppings but also …
Homemade Pizza Sauce: Crafting the Perfect Blend
You know that dreamy moment when you take a bite of pizza and the world just stops? When all the …
San Marzano Tomatoes: The Red Gold of Naples, Now on Your Homemade Pizza
Welcome, dear tomato aficionados and pizza lovers alike, to the world of the illustrious San Marzano tomato. Ah, the San …
Check Out Our Pizza T-Shirts
Pizza T-Shirt – Pizzaiolo Red Underline$29.95
Pizza T-Shirt – I Love Pizza$29.95
Pizza T-Shirt – Pizzaiola$29.95
Check Out Our Preferred Vendors
Subscribe to our Recipe of the Week newsletter and receive our partners’ latest recipes, tips, and discount offers.
Keep in Touch!