Glossary of Pizza Terms and Definitions
“Pizza” is a word that any language can understand.
Welcome to the most comprehensive pizza glossary and terms definitions on the internet. We carefully added what we think are all words related to pizza and pizza ovens.
You will find the pizza term definitions, related pizza terms, and related pizza articles to that term.
For a comprehensive list of pizza words, check our article on 900+ Pizza Words.
We have from the most serious pizza terms to pizza slang.
Discover the Word of the Day!
Are We Missing Any Pizza Terms?
You can suggest a term if you think we are missing any pizza words that can be useful for our readers.
Glossary of Pizza Terms and Definitions
Whether you’re a pizza aficionado or just a casual fan, this guide will introduce you to the delicious world of pizza.
From traditional toppings to modern twists, this glossary covers the essential vocabulary you need to know to fully appreciate the art of pizza-making. So take a slice of this knowledge pie and expand your pizza horizons!
This pizza glossary will define common pizza terms and ingredients and some interesting pizza slang.
So let’s dive in and explore the savory world of pizza together!
- Old Dough Old Dough Definition See Pate Ferment. Read More
- Old Forge Pizza Old Forge Pizza Definition Old Forge Pizza is a style of pizza that originated in the former coal-mining town of Old Forge, Pennsylvania. Old Forge Pizza is similar to the Sicilian style but higher and has a crust that is less crunchy and without color. It’s characterized by a(...) Read More
- On Deck On Deck Pizza Definition In pizza slang, "On Deck" means pizzas that are ready to be loaded into the oven. Read More
- Ooni/Uuni Pizza Oven Ooni Pizza Oven Definition The Ooni Pizza Ovens is a pizza oven brand that designs and manufactures domestic pizza ovens. They offer a range of ovens utilizing various fuel types, including gas and wood pellets. Every Ooni oven can reach very high temperatures to cook Neapolitan(...) Read More
- Organic Flour Organic Flour Definition Organic Flours are flours that have not been treated at all or may have limited treatment. Read More
- Oven Brush
Oven Brush Definition
An oven brush is a soft copper or brass brush used for cleaning the oven floor.
Here's Our Favorite Pizza Oven Brush
- Oven Dome Pizza Oven Dome Definition The Oven dome is the curved vault of the pizza oven. The parabolic, round shape of the dome is efficient with wood fuel and evenly reflects heat back down on the oven floor for cooking the perfect pizza. Read More
- Oven Door Pizza Oven Door Definition The pizza oven door is what covers the opening of the wood-fired oven. You use the oven door to regulate air intake and the strength of your fire during oven firing and to close the oven for retained heat cooking. An insulated door improves a pizza oven’s(...) Read More
- Oven Enclosure Pizza Oven Enclosure Definition The pizza oven enclosure is the structural and decorative components of the pizza oven that provide the base for the oven and the walls that enclose the insulation. Read More
- Oven Firing Pizza Oven Firing Definition Oven firing is the fire inside the oven chamber that heats the refractory material that comprises the oven. Read More
- Oven Floor Pizza Oven Floor Definition The pizza oven floor is the cooking surface of a pizza oven. Read More
- Oven Landing Pizza Oven Landing Definition The pizza oven landing is the area in front of the oven where you place food going in and out of the oven. Read More
- Oven Opening Pizza Oven Opening Definition The pizza oven opening is the entrance to the oven chamber. The size of the opening should be large enough to accommodate pots, pans, grills, and of course pizza. Read More
- Oven Spring Pizza Oven Spring Definition Once loaded into the oven, the pizza oven spring is the rapid increase and final burst in dough expansion. Read More
- Oven Stand
Pizza Oven Stand Definition
The oven stand is the support of a pizza oven.
Here's the Pizza Oven Stand We Recommend
- Oxidation Pizza Dough Oxidation Definition Oxidation is a chemical reaction when air is incorporated into the dough by mixing and kneading. If the dough is kneaded too long, it can suffer from oxidation and lose color and flavor in the finished crust. Read More
- Oxidizing Agents Pizza Dough Oxidizing Agents Definition Oxidizing agents are agents that improve the pizza dough's strength by forming bonds between the protein chains. Examples of oxidizing dough agents include ascorbic acid, bromate, and calcium iodate. Read More
Check Our Recommended Products
Are you wondering why is pizza called pie? This controversy is one of the most pressing issues among food lovers. …
Why is pizza called pizza? Are you wondering why is pizza called pizza? We all know what pizza is. Right? …
Words to Describe Pizza Are you in search of words to describe pizza? Creating a pizza description seems like a …
Are you looking for guidance on how to describe pizza? We’ve got you covered! Restaurants, pizza blog writers, and friends …
Not a PRO? Not a Problem!
Take a pizza class to bring your pizza skills to the next level,
so you can be a PRO!
Costco Pizza Price 2023 Costco Pizza is one of the best options for finding delicious and affordable pizza. Its large …
Check Out Our Pizza T-Shirts
Check Out Our Preferred Vendors
Subscribe to our Recipe of the Week newsletter and receive our partners’ latest recipes, tips, and discount offers.
Keep in Touch!