Today we’re going to make a super soft, stretchy, and delicious high hydration pizza dough recipe that will impress.
This high hydration pizza dough recipe at 75% hydration is perfect for those who love a thin and crispy crust with just the right amount of chewiness.
Plus, the long fermentation process gives the dough a deeper flavor that you’ll definitely taste in every bite.
Check our article on high-hydration pizza dough for more information.
So let’s get started and make some pizza magic!
High Hydration Pizza Dough Recipe [75% Hydration]
High Hydration Pizza Dough Recipe (75% Hydration)
- 500 g Caputo Pizza Flour or Bread Flour 00 Type
- 375 g Water
- 5 g Active Dry Yeast
- 10 g Fine Sea Salt
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can hover over the "Servings" box above to automatically recalculate the proportions according to the amount of dough balls you need.
If you can't find Caputo Pizza Flour you may use any of the following:
- 500 g King Arthur Bread Flour
- 500 g Your Favorite Bread Flour High Protein 14%
If you want to use Instant Yeast substitute with the following:
- 4.9 g Instant Yeast
- In a mixing bowl add about 20g of water and yeast and whisk vigorously for 15 seconds. The yeast should dissolve in the water and the mixture should foam. If it doesn’t and the yeast granules float, the yeast is “dead” and should be discarded. Note: If you are using instant yeast, mix dry ingredients first, starting the flour and the yeast to evenly distribute. Do not add salt at this stage, only after incorporating the water. (After Step 2)
Mix the Dough
- Combine the flour with the yeast mixture and the remainder of the water using the paddle attachment mix on slow speed for 1 minute, or until all the ingredients are evenly distributed and fully hydrated, all the water should be absorbed. Note: if your electric mixer does not have a paddle attachment you can use the dough hook attachment instead-but allow longer for the mixing.
- After 1 minute, keep mixing with the stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. With the mixer running on the lowest speed, pour in most of the water, reserving about 2 tablespoons, followed by the yeast and water mixture. Pour the reserved water in the yeast bowl, swirl it around to dislodge any bits of yeast stuck to the bowl, and add to the mixer.
- Continue to mix the dough at the lowest speed for about 1 minute, until most of the dough comes tighter around the hook. Stop the mixer. Using your fingers to pull away any dough clinging to the gook and scrape the sides and bottom with a bowl scraper or rubber spatula.
Knead the Dough
- Knead the dough in the mixer on low speed for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Using the bowl scraper, transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface, then knead it for 1 to 3 minutes, until smooth. If the dough is too sticky to knead, sprinkle it with just enough flour to allow you to work with it.
- Cover the dough with plastic cling or a damp towel; and let it rest at room temperature for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. This is the first fermentation.
Degas the Dough
- After the first fermentation you need to degas the dough by punching it down with your fist releasing all of the accumulated air.
Divide into Doughballs
- Remove the dough from the bowl and form the dough into balls.
- Set the balls in a dough proofer on a half sheet pan(s), spacing them about 3- 4 inches apart. Place the lid on the dough proofer or wrap the pans(s) airtight with a double layer of plastic wrap, sealing the wrap well under pans(s). Put the pan(s) in a level spot in the refrigerator and refrigerate for 8 to 24 hours.Note: Form dough balls, and place each dough ball into an oiled freezer bag, seal, and freeze. These will keep for up to three months.
The Last Slice
This high hydration pizza dough recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves pizza! It’s easy to make, and the end result is a perfectly balanced crust with just the right amount of crunch and chewiness.
Don’t be intimidated by the long fermentation process; it’s worth the wait!
So gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and get ready to impress your friends and family with the ultimate pizza experience.
In this article, we are going to dive deep into the mysterious ways of water. In conjunction with flour, yeast, and salt, it can make the most spectacular pizza dough.
Are you looking for a delicious, crunchy high hydration pizza dough recipe? This type of dough is very popular among …
How to Adjust Pizza Dough Hydration Making good pizza dough is an art form and one of the most important …
Ah, pizza. The one food that unites us all! What would we do without our delicious, cheesy slices of heaven? …
Not a PRO? Not a Problem!
Take a pizza class to bring your pizza skills to the next level,
so you can be a PRO!
Costco Pizza Price 2023 Costco Pizza is one of the best options for finding delicious and affordable pizza. Its large …
Check Out Our Pizza T-Shirts
Check Out Our Preferred Vendors
Subscribe to our Recipe of the Week newsletter and receive our partners’ latest recipes, tips, and discount offers.
Keep in Touch!