Glossary of Pizza Terms and Definitions
“Pizza” is a word that any language can understand.
Welcome to the most comprehensive pizza glossary and terms definitions on the internet. We carefully added what we think are all words related to pizza and pizza ovens.
You will find the pizza term definitions, related pizza terms, and related pizza articles to that term.
For a comprehensive list of pizza words, check our article on 900+ Pizza Words.
We have from the most serious pizza terms to pizza slang.
Discover the Word of the Day!
Crumb Definition Crumb is the structure of the inside of a baked pizza crust or…
Are We Missing Any Pizza Terms?
You can suggest a term if you think we are missing any pizza words that can be useful for our readers.
Glossary of Pizza Terms and Definitions
Whether you’re a pizza aficionado or just a casual fan, this guide will introduce you to the delicious world of pizza.
From traditional toppings to modern twists, this glossary covers the essential vocabulary you need to know to fully appreciate the art of pizza-making. So take a slice of this knowledge pie and expand your pizza horizons!
This pizza glossary will define common pizza terms and ingredients and some interesting pizza slang.
So let’s dive in and explore the savory world of pizza together!
- Napoletana Oven Napoletana Oven Definition Napoletana Oven is a style of pizza oven that features a lower oven dome height and more aggressively curved dome shape — seen in and around Naples and in ovens built by Neapolitan builders throughout Italy. Read More
- Napolitano Napolitano Definition Napolitano means Neapolitan-style, a traditional style of pizza cooked very quickly at high temperatures. Check our pizza styles article for more information. Read More
- Neapolitan-American-Style Pizza Neapolitan-American-Style Pizza Definition See New York Style Pizza. Check our New York Style pizza recipe for more. Read More
- Neapolitan Pizza Neapolitan Pizza Definition Neapolitan Pizza is a hand-tossed, medium-thickness crust pizza topped with a simple sauce made from fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. This style originated in Naples, Italy. The pizza is cooked at temperatures up to 950F for a short time, 60 – 90(...) Read More
- Neapolitan Pizza Dough Neapolitan Pizza Dough Definition Neapolitan pizza dough is the dough made for making Neapolitan pizza and consists of only flour, water, salt, and a very small amount of yeast. Check our Neapolitan pizza dough recipe for more information. Read More
- New York-Style Pizza New York-Style Pizza Definition New York-Style Pizza is a style of pizza that originated from Italian-American immigrants in New York City. The New York-Style Pizza consists of a thin-crust pizza made from hand-stretched dough that is topped with a cooked sauce made from pureed(...) Read More
Check Our Recommended Products
“Why is Pizza Called Pie? Here’s Everything You Need to Know
Are you wondering why is pizza called pie? This controversy is one of the most pressing issues among food lovers. …
Why is Pizza Called Pizza? Find all the Knead to Know Facts!
Why is pizza called pizza? Are you wondering why is pizza called pizza? We all know what pizza is. Right? …
The Complete List of Words to Describe Pizza that Will Make You a Food Critic
Words to Describe Pizza Are you in search of words to describe pizza? Creating a pizza description seems like a …
7 Steps on How to Describe Pizza that Will Make Your Readers Drool
Are you looking for guidance on how to describe pizza? We’ve got you covered! Restaurants, pizza blog writers, and friends …
Pizza Lingo: A Sizzling Tour Through 900+ Pizza Words
Have you ever been intrigued by the array of jargon used in the world of pizza? From ‘Neapolitan’ and ‘pan-style’ …
Not a PRO? Not a Problem!
Take a pizza class to bring your pizza skills to the next level,
so you can be a PRO!
How to Proof Pizza Dough: Step-by-Step Instructions for a Light, Airy Pizza Crust
It’s no secret that the true magic of an incredible homemade pizza lies not only in its toppings but also …
Homemade Pizza Sauce: Crafting the Perfect Blend
You know that dreamy moment when you take a bite of pizza and the world just stops? When all the …
San Marzano Tomatoes: The Red Gold of Naples, Now on Your Homemade Pizza
Welcome, dear tomato aficionados and pizza lovers alike, to the world of the illustrious San Marzano tomato. Ah, the San …
Check Out Our Pizza T-Shirts
Pizza T-Shirt – Pizzaiolo Red Underline$29.95
Pizza T-Shirt – I Love Pizza$29.95
Pizza T-Shirt – Pizzaiola$29.95
Check Out Our Preferred Vendors
Subscribe to our Recipe of the Week newsletter and receive our partners’ latest recipes, tips, and discount offers.
Keep in Touch!