Glossary of Pizza Terms and Definitions
“Pizza” is a word that any language can understand.
Welcome to the most comprehensive pizza glossary and terms definitions on the internet. We carefully added what we think are all words related to pizza and pizza ovens.
You will find the pizza term definitions, related pizza terms, and related pizza articles to that term.
For a comprehensive list of pizza words, check our article on 900+ Pizza Words.
We have from the most serious pizza terms to pizza slang.
Discover the Word of the Day!
Are We Missing Any Pizza Terms?
You can suggest a term if you think we are missing any pizza words that can be useful for our readers.
Glossary of Pizza Terms and Definitions
Whether you’re a pizza aficionado or just a casual fan, this guide will introduce you to the delicious world of pizza.
From traditional toppings to modern twists, this glossary covers the essential vocabulary you need to know to fully appreciate the art of pizza-making. So take a slice of this knowledge pie and expand your pizza horizons!
This pizza glossary will define common pizza terms and ingredients and some interesting pizza slang.
So let’s dive in and explore the savory world of pizza together!
- L-Cysteine L-Cysteine Definition L-Cysteine is an ingredient that is used in flour as a treatment agent to aid in the relaxing of gluten in the dough. Read More
- Lagging Lagging Definition In pizza slang, lagging is the metal exterior skin of the oven. Read More
- Landing Pizza Oven Landing Definition The landing is an unspecified area of an oven. It could be the Vent Landing or the Oven Landing. The Vent Landing is the smaller space directly in front of the oven door and below the vent or a larger area at the front of the oven called the oven landing. Read More
- Large Peel Large Peel Definition A large peel is a peel that has a large, flat, reasonably flexible circular head and short handle; it is used to put pizzas and other flatbreads into the oven. Read More
- Laser Infrared Thermometer
Laser Infrared Thermometer Definition
A laser infrared thermometer is a laser thermometer utilizes infrared radiation to determine the temperature of a surface.
Here's Our Favorite Laser Infrared Thermometer
A Must-HaveEtekcity Lasergrip 800 Digital Infrared Thermometer5.0
The Etekcity Lasergrip 800 Digital Infrared Thermometer is a versatile and reliable tool for accurate temperature measurements. Its non-contact design allows you to measure temperatures from a distance, making it safe and hygienic for various applications. With a wide temperature range of -58°F to 1382°F (-50°C to 750°C), this infrared thermometer is perfect for both everyday cooking needs and professional uses.
The built-in laser pointer helps you target the specific area you want to measure, ensuring precision and consistency. Whether you're grilling, cooking, or performing household maintenance, the Etekcity Lasergrip 800 provides fast and accurate temperature readings with ease.We earn a commission if you click this link and make a purchase at no additional cost to you!
- Leopard Spotting Leopard Spotting Definition In pizza slang, leopard spotting is the process whereby small bubbles along the rim of a pizza puff up and are burned black. Mostly happens in the intense heat of a wood-fired oven. Read More
- Levain Levain Definition Levain is a French term for a natural preferment. In the US is called sourdough. Read More
- Lo-Mo Lo-Mo Definition In pizza slang, Lo-Mo is a term used to describe low-moisture mozzarella cheese. Check our cheese for pizza article for more information. Read More
- Low-Moisture Mozzarella Low-Moisture Mozzarella Definition Low-Moisture Mozzarella is a cheese used to make most NY-Style pizzas. Low-moisture mozzarella is saltier and slightly more yellow than fresh mozzarella. According to the USDA, low-moisture mozzarella has a moisture content exceeding 45% but less than(...) Read More
Check Our Recommended Products
Are you wondering why is pizza called pie? This controversy is one of the most pressing issues among food lovers. …
Why is pizza called pizza? Are you wondering why is pizza called pizza? We all know what pizza is. Right? …
Words to Describe Pizza Are you in search of words to describe pizza? Creating a pizza description seems like a …
Are you looking for guidance on how to describe pizza? We’ve got you covered! Restaurants, pizza blog writers, and friends …
Not a PRO? Not a Problem!
Take a pizza class to bring your pizza skills to the next level,
so you can be a PRO!
This baker’s percentage chart will give you a starting point to develop your own recipe. These are the four main base recipes that can be adapted to any other pizza style.
Costco Pizza Price 2023 Costco Pizza is one of the best options for finding delicious and affordable pizza. Its large …
Check Out Our Pizza T-Shirts
Check Out Our Preferred Vendors
Subscribe to our Recipe of the Week newsletter and receive our partners’ latest recipes, tips, and discount offers.
Keep in Touch!