Are you looking for a cheap pizza oven?
When it comes to the best cheap pizza ovens for cooking pizzas, they are often distinguished by performance, such as ease of use, portability, and higher temperature.
These best outdoor pizza ovens provide delicious pizza, crispy crusts, and unbeatable flavors you can’t achieve through other methods.
Besides being inexpensive pizza ovens, these pizza ovens are portable and small; some will make a statement in your backyard.
But after testing and evaluating several models, the Gas Stoke pizza oven is our pick of the best cheap pizza oven. You will see why.
Ready to take your homemade pizza skills to new heights?
Read on to find some of the best affordable pizza ovens.
Let’s get started!
Here’s What You Will Find:
Are You Looking for a Cheap Pizza Oven?
A cheap pizza oven will range from $99 to $349 or more.
After testing and evaluating several models, the Gas Stoke pizza oven is our pick of the best cheap pizza oven.
If you want a slightly higher option, we strongly recommend the Ooni Fyra 12.
Best Cheap Pizza Ovens at Affordable Prices for You to Buy
We have you covered if you are looking for the best outdoor pizza ovens, portable and small pizza ovens at an affordable price.
How We Tested
We searched for top-notch cheap pizza ovens from the biggest brands and sent one model for testing to our dedicated pizza team. We reviewed various prices and fuel types and included indoor and outdoor models.
The pies were made in batches of 3 to 5 days to check if they would be consistent in two separate baking.
We also measure maximum temperatures, reheating, and oven time. The ovens were evaluated in terms of assembly, control, power, performance, and portability.
Cheap Pizza Ovens (Best Value for Your Money!)
1. Pizzello 4 in 1
If you love wood-fired pizza ovens, the Pizzello 4-in-1 pizza oven should be the right choice for you for pizza making. These ovens are made of durable stainless steel and have double-wall insulation.
Moreover, they retain heat well, so you can enjoy delicious pizzas that stay hot for a long time.
Pizzello 4 in 1 Specifications:
- Practical design
- Easy to carry and storage
- 4-in-1 pizza oven
- Detachable chimney
- Oven cover
- Gas adapter
With an intuitive design firebox, you can cook authentic pizza using pellets or wood. You can get a gas burner separately.
Moreover, the downdraft system helps to circulate air so that the cooking temperature can reach 900 degrees Fahrenheit.
But if you want to learn more about this pizza oven, you won’t find any. In short, it doesn’t come with much information.
Pizzello 4 in 1 Pros and Cons
Reasons to Buy
- It has an option for both wood and gas
- The oven is compact and easy to carry around
- Once it reaches 932 degrees Fahrenheit, it can cook a delicious pizza in about a minute.
- Great customer service
Reasons to Avoid
- Less information on how you can bake pizza with this oven
- No insulation
- The exterior is coated with high heat-resistant material that doesn’t leave fingerprints on it.
- This pizza oven comes with double-wall insulation for an even cooking
- Apart from pizza making, with this large cooking space, you can cook delicious flame-cooked steaks, fish, vegetables, and many more
- The pizza oven has dual-duel gas burners
With Pizello Pizza Oven, you can create your delicious homemade pizza in less than half the time it would take to order a delivery! Forget about greasy delivery pies and long wait times.
With Pizello's advanced technology and precise temperature control, you'll be able to bake up restaurant-quality pizzas from the comfort of your home. Not only that, but its sleek design adds sophistication and style to any kitchen or dining room.
- Pizello Pizza ovens are energy efficient and don't require preheating.
- They cook pizza quickly, allowing for fast and delicious meals.
- They are easy to use and maintain.
- The heat is adjustable, allowing for pizzas of different thicknesses to be cooked evenly.
- It has a removable top layer, making it easy to clean.
- Great value
- Pizello pizza ovens can be costly to purchase initially.
- It does not have many options for cooking other types of food other than pizza.
- The oven can be bulky and take up a lot of space in the kitchen area or countertop area if you do not have the appropriate space for it already available in your kitchen layout design ideas ahead of time when purchasing the oven
- Not all models offer digital or temperature controls, which could limit the types of recipes you.
2. Big Horn Outdoors
While deeply craving homemade pizza, you don’t have much space to cook. Don’t worry, because Big Horn outdoors pizza oven is here to rescue you.
You need about 18 minutes for wood pellets to pre-heat the pizza oven, and then you and your guests can have something extraordinary.
Big Horn Outdoors Specifications:
- Easy to set up and ultra-portable
- Cooks the pizza dough evenly
- Best pizza oven for Neapolitan-style pizza
- Safe and high-quality stainless steel body
The best part about this outdoor pizza oven is that it can accommodate family get-togethers or other events by providing food in large quantities. The cooking space is enough to feed a crowd.
Besides, it can withstand extreme temperatures up to 860 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, cooking is easy and quick.
Despite that, the pizza stone doesn’t get hot enough and keeps the portion undercooked frequently.
Big Horn Outdoors Pros and Cons:
Reasons to Buy
- The high-quality pellet grill stands out from the rest in its class
- Very easy to set up and clean
- Cooks pizza evenly
- This oven is a fast cooking tool
- It comes at a cheap price
Big Horn Outdoors Benefits
- While this outdoor pizza oven can cook delicious pizzas, you can cook various recipes, including steaks.
- The pizza oven is constructed with high-quality stainless steel
- It is a lightweight and durable pizza oven.
Add wood pellets and preheat for approximately 18 minutes, once reaches the desired temperature you're ready to bake, bake delicious pizzas in as little as 2 minutes.
Enough cooking space to make rotating the pizza especially easy. The Bighorn Outdoors Pizza Oven will meet the demands of any festive gathering.
3. Stoke Pizza Oven
With the Stoke pizza oven, you can make your backyard a haven for creating homemade pizzas. This 13-inch gas pizza oven and wood-powered outdoor pizza ovens are also designed to be smokeless.
The sturdy body is supported well by four legs. In just 15 minutes, the pizza oven reaches a maximum temperature of 900 degrees Fahrenheit.
Stoke Pizza Oven Specifications:
- Quick and easy installation
- Wood-fired options
- Ready in two minutes
- Heat-resistant body
- Ultra-portable, perfect for a camping trip
The best part about the Stoke outdoor pizza oven is that it allows you to adjust the flavor and smokiness of the food because of the combination of wood-fired and gas-fired options.
So, whether you are baking homemade pizza or cooking roasted vegetables or meat, you get to experience something different, unlike other outdoor pizza ovens.
Moreover, the high heat-resistant carbon steel frame helps to minimize the risk of burns from accidental contact while preparing food.
However, this one might not fulfill your desire if you plan to have a lightweight pizza oven.
Stoke Pizza Oven Pros and Cons:
Reasons to Buy
- Heat-resistant steel frame
- Sleek design
- It takes only 5 minutes to assemble
- Versatile oven because of wood and gas-fired options
- Stable with 4 legs
- Includes pizza peel
Reasons to Avoids
- It weighs around 35 pounds, which is a bit heavier
Stoke Pizza Oven Benefits:
- It takes 2 minutes to cook pizzas to perfection.
- Smokeless outdoor pizza oven with four legs
- Perfect for worry-free and safe backyard adventures
- Accessories such as a thermometer, carrying cover, weatherproof carrying case, pizza cutter, and pizza peel are included in the box.
- Also, the box includes cooking pizza tips and several recipes.
The portable pizza oven to complete the backyard of your dreams. Smokeless, restaurant-grade, and designed with a heat-resistant steel shell.
Fire up your oven to 900°F in just 15 minutes, and bake your pizza in just two.
Fire up flame-cooked pizza with Stoke and choose from 13" or 16".
Lifetime Warranty - No one can beat it!
4. Deco Chef
Want to make your culinary dreams a reality?
The Deco Chef portable stainless steel pizza oven has everything to make you cook like a pro. Your outdoor cooking meals will be excellent every time you cook with premium built construction.
The stylish, sleek design looks good on the outside as well.
Deco Chef Specifications:
- Maximum temperature of 950 degrees Fahrenheit
- Setup and storage are easy
- It comes with lots of accessories
- Cook food other than pizzas in style
- Crispy crust around the edges and on the bottom
Many people prefer to choose Deco Chef portable pizza oven because it disperses heat up to 950 degrees Fahrenheit.
As such, you have a pizza that’s crispy from all sides. Besides, the stainless steel construction is durable, and you can take it anywhere.
But the flame is uneven, and some parts heat up fast.
As such, you need to rotate the pizza constantly.
Deco Chef Pros and Cons:
Reasons to Buy
- This pizza oven reaches very high temperatures quickly
- The pizza oven is rust-free and sturdy
- Easy to use
- Cooks fantastic pizza within a few minutes
Reasons to Avoid
- You may have trouble controlling flames
Deco Chef Benefits:
- The pellet box greatly helps you cook pizza when it comes to hardwood pallets
- The pizza oven has three layers to keep away ash and other particles from the pizza
- Customers get a kit full of tools to make pizza
- Also, it comes with a 13-inch baking stone, big enough to fit a cast-iron skillet for other foods.
Experience delicious pizza like you’ve never had with Deco Chef Outdoor Pizza Oven! This state-of-the-art outdoor oven makes it easy to create a gourmet pizza in your backyard.
With its patented heating technology, you can enjoy crisp crusts and perfectly melted cheese that rival any traditional pizzeria. The Deco Chef Outdoor Pizza Oven is also a breeze to use, with an intuitive digital display and adjustable temperature control settings for the best cooking results.
- Safe to use outdoors.
- Multiple temperature settings for precise control over cooking.
- Relatively compact size for storage and transport.
- Fast heating time for quick pizza preparation.
- Ready-to-cook surface stays hot for up to an hour after heating up.
- Relatively expensive purchase cost compared to other ovens on the market.
- Limited temperature range restricts type of food items it can prepare.
- Can be difficult to move once assembled due to its weight and size.
- Lack of insulation means that some heat escapes during cooking, wasting energy.
- Poor distribution of heat can lead to unevenly cooked pizzas if not monitored closely throughout the cooking process
5. Ooni Fyra 12
There is no denying that Ooni Fyra 12 provides you with a high-performing pallet grill that helps you cook food to perfection. Ooni is considered one of the best outdoor pizza ovens.
This Ooni pizza oven is very light and weighs around 22 pounds. Besides, the heat retention design ensures maximum burn time with minimum energy wastage. Making it one of the best pizza ovens.
Ooni Fyra 12 Specifications:
- A popular product worldwide
- Ultra portability
- Maximum efficiency
- Perfect pizza done in 60 seconds
Ooni stands out from the rest in terms of customer service when it comes to reputation. You get a guarantee of one year that can be extended to three years.
This portable pizza oven has a quick setup time and easy loading. But the pizza oven only has provision for using wood pellet fuel.
Ooni Fyra 12 Pros and Cons:
Reasons to Buy
- Warranty is included
- Highly portable outdoor pizza oven
- Efficient heating
- It has a maximum temperature of 950 degrees Fahrenheit
- Makes great pizza crust when handled appropriately
Reasons to Avoid
- Sometimes the flame becomes inconsistent, resulting in a burnt crust.
Ooni Fyra 12 Benefits
- Because the pizza oven heats up quickly, you can cook pizzas in 15 minutes
- It is straightforward to assemble and use
- You can make genuine wood-fired pizza
- You can store and transport it with ease because it is portable.
The Ooni Fyra 12 Pizza Oven is a must-have for pizza lovers who want to bring restaurant-quality pizza to their backyard. Its ultra-compact size and sleek design make it easy to store and transport, while its fuel source - wood pellets - adds a delicious smoky flavor to your pizzas.
- Quick heating time (can reach up to 932°F in just 20 minutes)
- Can cook a 12-inch pizza in just 60 seconds
- Wood pellets are a sustainable fuel source
- Versatile - can also be used for roasting, baking, and grilling
- Requires a constant supply of wood pellets to operate
- Not as efficient as propane or gas ovens
- The initial investment is relatively high compared to other pizza ovens.
Cheap Pizza Ovens Compared
*All prices are as of the date of this article
|Pizza Oven||Dimensions & Weight||Chimney|
|Fuel Source||Max Temperature||Cooking Time||Price & Accessories|
|Pizzello 4 in 1||14.7″W x 12.9″L x 17.9″H – 23.2lbs||No||Gas, Charcoal, or Wood Pellets||900°F (480°C)||2 min||Starts at $99, Includes Accessories|
|Big Horn Outdoors||21.6”L x 14.2”W x 24”H- 25 lbs||Yes||Wood Pellets||860°F (460°C)||2 min||Starts at $199|
|Stoke Pizza Oven||22.5″L x 19″W x 12″H – 34.7 lbs||No||Gas, or Wood||900°F (480°C)||2 min||Starts at $295, Includes Accessories|
|Deco Chef||15.5″L x 20.5″W x 29.1″ H – 40.3lbs||Yes||Charcoal or Wood Pellets||950°F (510°C)||2 min||Starts at $279, Includes Accessories|
|Ooni Fyra 12||18.9″L x 10.24″W x 27.17″H – 22lbs||Yes||Wood Pellets||950°F (510°C)||2 min||Starts at $349|
Cheap Pizza Oven vs. Expensive Pizza Oven:
What’s the Difference?
However, the good news is that you can find the best outdoor pizza ovens at unbelievable prices.
Outdoor pizza ovens can range from hundred bucks to thousands depending on the features and other aspects. Hence, it is wise to consider how much you can afford to spend on the pizza oven.
Besides, they have all the features you can see on expensive outdoor pizza ovens. Models at hefty prices can fit multiple trays and cook a dozen pizzas in one hour.
So, unless you have that special requirement, it is not worth buying an expensive pizza oven. They are perfect for pizza parties.
Moreover, competition is higher these days, and pizza is no exception. Hence, manufacturers produce high-quality outdoor pizza ovens at affordable prices.
Remember that a low-cost pizza oven will make you a great pizza and improve your outdoor space. And most of the time, expensive pizza ovens leverage the brand name.
Things to Watch Out For
(Before Buying a Pizza Oven to Avoid Issues Later)
While pizza ovens are always popular, you should keep certain things in mind before buying them. As you know, pizza ovens tend to get hotter on the outside; thus, they are not meant to be used as indoor pizza ovens.
So, if you have kids or pets around while cooking, it is good to have a pizza oven with a heat-resistant body.
That way, you can save yourself from many issues resulting from a faulty pizza oven.
A properly insulated outdoor pizza oven will retain heat for a long time. Although most models are made of metal, having a heat-resistant coating makes a significant difference.
Also, the insulation and materials impact the cooking temperature and how long it takes for the outdoor pizza oven to cool down.
How to Use Pizza Ovens the Right Way!
Creating mouth-watering pizzas gets easier after you know how to use the pizza oven in the best way possible.
That way, you can make tasty pizzas that will impact your family and friends. Here are some tips that will improve the performance of your pizza oven.
- Try to achieve an optimal temperature between 45C to 50C or 850F to 950F.
- Make sure to have dry, clean wood. Avoid using materials that produce hazardous chemicals. Some of the best hardwoods include ash, maple, and oak.
- Keep an eye on the pizza and turn it 2 to 3 times. Or else one side will remain uncooked, whereas the other side will burn.
- It is wise not to pile up toppings because you don’t want them to be shed everywhere during the process.
- A pair of heavy-duty gloves, a thick pan to hold the pizza, and a pizza peel with a long handle are essential accessories that you should have in your arsenal.
Which is the Best Cheap Pizza Oven?
With different models to choose from, Stoke pizza ovens are affordable. Easy to use, you will be minutes away from a fantastic Neapolitan-style pizza with the best cheap pizza oven.
And we recommend you use the Stoke pizza oven if you plan to have great pizzas with your family or friends.
Stoke produces great pizza ovens with a heat-resistant body structure that allows them to achieve 900 degrees Fahrenheit in 15 minutes.
The exterior is made from steel and has a built-in thermometer to control the temperature. Once it reaches the desired temperature, baking an authentic pizza takes about two minutes.
With Stoke pizza ovens, you can choose between two fuel options, gas or wood. For wood-fired ovens, you can use a combination of charcoal and wood to speed up healing time.
The best part is that you can get free accessories whenever you buy one. So, it’s time to buy a Stoke pizza oven and turn your backyard into a party zone.
Why We Think Stoke is the Best Cheap Pizza Oven
In summary, here is why we think the Gas Stoke Pizza oven is the best cheap pizza oven:
- Fuel Source– Gives you an inexpensive gas pizza oven option. Gas means control! You will be able to control the oven temperature with ease, unlike the other fuel options, that you are not able to control.
- Temperature – Built-In thermometer, you can always check the oven temperature without holding an extra gadget in your hands.
- Chimney – No chimney, meaning is easy to take anywhere you want without assembling any oven parts.
- Accessories – Includes accessories, plus a carrying case.
- Pizza Stone – The cordierite pizza stone is comparable to other expensive options.
- Warranty – Stoke offers a 365 trial period while other brands only offer 30 to 60 days.
Here’s a video on the Stoke Pizza Ovens
Is it worth buying a pizza oven?
Yes, the best pizza ovens are worth the cost and effort. People love to have great food, and pizza ovens tend to produce some of the best texture and taste.
Besides, you don’t have to build an expensive brick oven to have a fantastic pizza. Moreover, they can cook pizzas within a few minutes. It means you can have good pizza in a short time.
How much is a good pizza oven?
A typical house pizza oven can range from $150 to $2,500, depending on the kind of pizza oven you want. You’ll find cheaper pizza ovens are often cheaper to manufacture. It is common for them to bake unappetizing pizzas like those mentioned above.
Do pizza ovens make a difference?
Yes, pizza ovens can make a huge difference compared to regular ovens. Most pizza ovens can generate higher temperatures that allow pizzas to cook faster, mimicking restaurant pizza.
Besides, the texture is superior and crisp. Traditional indoor ovens make the crust dry and challenging when cooked for longer. Apart from that, the toppings like cheese or vegetables get cooked perfectly.
The Last Slice
We hope that this post helped you find the right cheap pizza oven for your needs, as you have seen that the pizza ovens mentioned above have rich features and are an excellent addition to your kitchen or outdoor space.
Remember that the best cheap pizza ovens can provide an authentic and unique experience like the expensive ones while cooking.
The right cheap pizza oven for your specific needs is out there! While some features from all the ovens might work wonders for someone else, they might not be helpful to you.
So, figure out what you want from a cheap pizza oven and how much you are willing to spend.
Additional Resources on Pizza Ovens
Made for the ones who dare, Artisan Fire is the ultimate luxury of an oven. It provides a fresh experience in cooking and delicacies, giving you the elegance you deserve.
With an ingenious design that never compromises, this must-have kitchen addition will send you to the peak of cuisine and make you incomparable to anyone else.
Who can resist the irresistible allure of a perfectly crisped crust, molten cheese bubbling atop a canvas of tangy tomato …
Are you looking for charcoal for pizza ovens? Did you know that not all charcoal performs well for pizza ovens? …
Should I buy a pizza oven cover? This a frequent question that we get. But no worries, we got you …
Do Outdoor Pizza Ovens Need a Chimney? Discover Everything You Need to Know for the Perfect Oven Setup
Are you considering getting an outdoor pizza oven to level up your pizza game? Well, you’re in for a treat! …
Still Not Sure About Which Fuel Source to Choose?
Check These Other Alternatives
You Can Also Check by Configuration
Check Out Our Favorite Pizza Oven Brands
Press on the logo to learn more
Not a PRO? Not a Problem!
Take a pizza class to bring your pizza skills to the next level,
so you can be a PRO!
Costco Pizza Price In September 2023 Costco Pizza is one of the best options for finding delicious and affordable pizza. …
Check Out Our Pizza T-Shirts
Check Out Our Preferred Vendors
Subscribe to our Recipe of the Week newsletter and receive our partners’ latest recipes, tips, and discount offers.
Keep in Touch!